Opening of Uncle Bobs Club Nurses’ Home
In 1948, funds raised by the Uncle Bobs Club were used to build a Nurses’ Home at the Orthopaedic Hospital. The official opening was honoured by the presence of Lady Dugan, alongside hospital committee president Lady Latham and president of The Uncle Bobs Club, Mr J. Kirkwood.
Film Title: Opening of the Uncle Bobs Club Nurses’ Home
Production Date: 1948
Location: The Children’s Orthopaedic Section; Mt Eliza, Victoria
Media: 16mm colour film, silent
Measurement: 2.54 minutes
Maker: The Royal Children’s Hospital; Parkville, Victoria
Rights: Film courtesy of The Royal Children’s Hospital
Accession Number: 2018.2491
This film may have been edited to comply with privacy laws and ethics guidelines.
Any opinions, social attitudes and medical advice contained in this film reflect the society and medical practice accepted at the time the film was made. Attitudes, community standards, and medical opinions change over time with societal and medical advances. Please view this film with a historical perspective in mind, and be aware that any opinions, attitudes, and advice depicted are no longer representative of The Royal Children’s Hospital.