In 1875, Judge Redmond Barry offered his Carlton lodgings and property of around one and a half acres to be purchased for use by the Children’s Hospital. Thankfully accepted as a much-needed new premises, the property was subject to many alterations throughout its years of use as a hospital. This album shows the building and facilities over a range of the hospital’s earliest years in Carlton.